Tuesday, May 21, 2013

School's Out

Graduation was this past weekend. It's a much bigger event here than in America and involves a weekend of celebrations. On Friday all the graduates congregated in the town center for a celebratory square dance:


Graduation also represented another milestone for me. It marked the unofficial start of summer, and my last remaining 5 months of service.
It's odd that only 5 months remain, in many ways it feels like I just got here and there's so much left I want to do - yet, I am ready to get back, and appreciate the hell out of the "little things" like never before.

One thing I got to do was take a train trip up to Budapest and Prague last month. It was a last-minute trip, but well worth it; Budapest was surprisingly modern and cosmopolitan, and Prague was surprisingly diverse (but, oh so many tourists). I did manage to sleep through a train transfer in the middle-of-nowhere Serbia at 2:00 am, but waking up at the wrong border is all part of the adventure...

Belgrade:
 Rock climbers practicing on the fortress walls:
 Skadarlija in the Belgrade bohemian quarter:
Far too early in Budapest
 Budapest, Buda Castle
 Prague
 Prague, Church of Our Lady before Týn
 Prague
 
Prague street bratwurst...





No comments:

Post a Comment