Tuesday, March 6, 2012

The Sun Also Rises

Finally, finally, after weeks on end of mind-numbing cold, glacial ice and dump trucks of snow the winter finally appears to have come to an end (ok, light snow is forecasted for Thursday).
After being cooped up for too long my anxiousness was anxious to get outside as much as possible last weekend, so I thought "how far can I realistically 'get out'?"..... forgetting, or just ignoring, the fact that I'm over-the-hill and not minding the ~15 lbs I've gained here, I thought 'why not just run to the Koleshino Waterfalls!?  So, I did.  12 miles later I made it to....







While it was well worth it on Saturday, the pounding my usually desk-bound feet took is taking a toll.  Let's just say I am really, really hoping that the pain in my right foot is just a sprain and not a fracture. (dammit)

In other events, Strumica held the annual Lent carnival on Saturday, Feb. 25.  It was a pretty wild party and about 30,000 visitors filled up the town, essentially doubling the pop for the weekend.  Unfortunately other than some disturbingly low-altitude fireworks I didn't capture many photos.
Strumica sparkling before the Carnival parade:

Fireworks!


Pozdrav,
FS

2 comments:

  1. Faron, the photos are beautiful. I drop in about once every 6 weeks or so to see what you are up to. It's supposed to get to 80 in the next couple days in the ATL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Caroline. It's still pretty cool here, so 80s sound great to me (although I'm sure I'll eat those words this summer with no A/C..). I'll try to update more often than every 6 weeks!
    Hope all and everyone is well in ATL

    ReplyDelete